Friday, November 18, 2011

Homemade Marshmallow Fondant

Marshmallow Fondant Recipe  The results of my poll show that marshmallow fondant is the winner (even if the poll only had 8 votes) 


                                               Example of marshmallow fondant -->










Okay so I finally tried this recipe, and I LOVE IT.  I found that this is noticeably different than Wilton's fondant, but in a good way.  It is easier to work with and can be stretched thinner.


However there are a few changes that I would suggest:


- Even if the marshmallows look melted put them in for a total of 2 1/2 minutes (stirring after every 30 seconds of course)
- Use only 1 lb of confectioner's sugar (there is no need for the second pound and you can pour the entire pound in at once.
- Finally this doesn't take an hour, it's closer to 20 minutes


I'll update further once I use it on a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment